Hello All

Discussion about hacker.org's server
diode

Post by diode »

C# is an object-oriented programming language by Microsoft.

I'm no hacker yet, and I haven't gotten around to learning python yet but C/C++ are great languages for many reasons.

1) they have many libraries available
2) they are portable because they are ANSI standards
3) many of their libraries are portable
4) they can do almost anything because they let you access specific locations of memory
5) you can put assembly code in there

they've been around for a while and are going to stay around probably forever now, at least until transistors no longer function on this planet :P

I honestly don't know what python or any other programming language other than the various assemblers, would offer over C/C++, except for maybe speeding up development time, but these are probably sufficient for the real wizardly stuff.

If I am wrong on something, and I most likely am, please correct me so that I can amend my ways and become more of an asset to the internet/programming community.

diode
Shift to the left! Shift to the right! Pop up, push down! Byte! Byte! Byte!
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

diode wrote:C# is an object-oriented programming language by Microsoft.

I'm no hacker yet, and I haven't gotten around to learning python yet but C/C++ are great languages for many reasons.

1) they have many libraries available
2) they are portable because they are ANSI standards
3) many of their libraries are portable
4) they can do almost anything because they let you access specific locations of memory
5) you can put assembly code in there

they've been around for a while and are going to stay around probably forever now, at least until transistors no longer function on this planet :P

I honestly don't know what python or any other programming language other than the various assemblers, would offer over C/C++, except for maybe speeding up development time, but these are probably sufficient for the real wizardly stuff.

If I am wrong on something, and I most likely am, please correct me so that I can amend my ways and become more of an asset to the internet/programming community.

diode
C# is a simpler version of C++ and yes C++ can do almost anything since it is the one that made an operating system. C++ CAN take a considerable amount of time to code a program, but C# could make it faster.