What can you do with an ip adress???

Discussion about hacker.org's server
d927

What can you do with an ip adress???

Post by d927 »

im new at hacking and i was wonderin what kinda stuff can u do with an ip address???

just curious, thanks
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

there is a search function here that could help find what your looking for
thous in need of help let me know and ill do my best to advise you Remember i am not fault for damge you cause this is for learning Purposes only!!! visit http://nongkrong.team-forum.net/
herath

You can find amazing details

Post by herath »

From an I.P address you can find good amount of information about the I.P owner.
such as country, operating system, browsers, software versions etc.
d927

Post by d927 »

So the only thing someone could do with my ip is get some info on me?
grenmajulord

Post by grenmajulord »

You could always try to run a portscan
The_Dark_Avenger

Post by The_Dark_Avenger »

d927 wrote:So the only thing someone could do with my ip is get some info on me?
no... he'll be able to attack you, since he knows where to shoot
d927

Post by d927 »

how could they attack me. what extent of damage could they do. is it del files and upload virius bad, or completely destroy my system. and are they doing this through cmd or remote accses, what? any way i can block it? :?: :?:
The_Dark_Avenger

d927 wrote:how could they attack me. what extent of damage could they do. is it del files and upload virius bad, or completely destroy my system. and are they doing this through cmd or remote accses, what? any way i can block it? :?: :?:
From what I read, you know nothing about networking.
IP address identifies system in the IP protocol. All IP datagrams, sent to the remote systems, have destination IP addresses defined. Datagrams will get on these addresses. So every system connected to the Internet has it's IP address (this system can be anything - either single computer or a network). Everything sent through IP protocol is sent using Datagrams - data are split and encapsulated.
All what happens when someone gets your IP address, is getting ability to send data to your machine.
All kinds of attacks from the Internet is sending data.

Now, cmd is a program on your Windows operating system. Someone can use it locally, but not remotely. If we're talking about the internet, we are of course talking about the remote access.
P.S.: STFU and UTFG, i can't believe i'm explaining what is internet
The_Dark_Avenger

Talking about blocking it:
you should close all holes where attacker can get into your system.
I see you're using windows.
1)If you're using Windows XP: Disable NetBIOS, Remote Registry, Remote Assistance.
2) go to comodo.com , and download antivirus, firewall, memory firewall.
3) say your prays
d927

Post by d927 »

thanks, and yah i am kind of stupid, but im learning. everyones got to start somewhere!