Cannot access the challenge I was working on

Allosentient

Cannot access the challenge I was working on

Post by Allosentient »

After changing some of the challenges around (near Pi Hates Nines, etc), I cannot access some of the challenges. "Not Chess", "Floating", "Post Captain", "I Will Be Execute" are all gone now
adum

Post by adum »

yeah, sorry about that. you'll have to solve Pi Hates Nines to get back to them. i think this new layout is more friendly in general, however.

adum
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

the problem i have with Pi Hates Nines:

"Ever notice how there are practically no nines in pi? It's true. What's the longest sequence not containing a nine in the first million digits? (I want the sequence itself.)"

How do I post an infinite sequence? (or even a million digits)

Do I give the name of the sequence itself as the answer ("PI" or the number "3.14159..")

Are you asking for the section of PI that doesn't contain a nine for a million digits? Or are you asking for the name of a completely different irrational number?

I am confused about this and don't know where to begin.
therethinker

Post by therethinker »

I assumed (and possibly, its the root of my troubles w/ that challenge) was to find the longest sequence that does not contain a 9 in the first million digits of pi.
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

Now I understand! Thank you
adum

Post by adum »

sometimes the wording is a little ambiguous, and i appreciate it when this is mentioned. it's easy to create a challenge knowing what you intend it to be, but when other people see it they interpret it differently. i don't want the challenge descriptions to be confusing like this, so i'll try to clarify them when they're not so good. i've added some text to pi hates nines, should make it more obvious for others.

cheers,
adum
therethinker

Post by therethinker »

Suggestion: an ambiguity sticky?

While I remember: On "Glowing Referral", it wouldn't accept a trailing slash. (Was it intentional?)
adum

Post by adum »

good idea on ambiguity sticky.

tho for glowing referral, it doesn't have a trailing slash in the challenge text.

adum
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

The only plugin i know of for firefox adds a trailing slash, so I tried to make a program to do it manually, but ran into a problem of not being logged in (and playing with the .NET cookies didn't help either).