Train Wreck

polarlemniscate

Train Wreck

Post by polarlemniscate »

I have approached this from multiple angles but am unable to work anything out. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?
beza1e1

Post by beza1e1 »

Once you know what kind of cipher it is, google it!
helly0d

Post by helly0d »

i got the cipher i got the sentence with the answer but it won't submit do i have to do it again on the answer alone or is the challenge broken ( it is for the first time i am actually thinking that something on this site could be broken, except for the broken image )

*EDIT* my mistake... forgot the last 2 letters
moose

Post by moose »

I tried for some hours to solve this with a (very basic) cipher, where it is important of which factors the length of the text consist. So you know where you have to split the text. Am I on the right track?
uws8505

Post by uws8505 »

You just have to apply one decryption method to the whole cipher.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

uws8505 wrote:You just have to apply one decryption method to the whole cipher.
Well, and if you don't know what type of code it is to begin with, what would be a good approach to find it out?
uws8505

Post by uws8505 »

There are two general categories of ciphers - one category is the other cipher challenges you have seen (and hopefully solved) so far, and this challenge is in the other category. After you find out the category and possible cipher methods in it, the challenge title will then help you.
nighthalk

Post by nighthalk »

talk about embarrassing. i was stumped on this for years. until i realized my cipher went on the wrong track. test your algorithms!