Filtration Residue

MatRush

Post by MatRush »

did i need to edit the png file after i got the text and the table? or just i need to find out what the five "meaning" corresponding to?
MatRush

Post by MatRush »

Just solved it right now, I get idea from Challenge Solved Topic about Broken Image, there is a tool I must use.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

MyNameIsAlreadyTaken wrote:It was [tool removed, sorry guys], my manpages most seemingly weren't up-to-date.

I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, it's just the tool - people will still need to think of what they got to do with the data.
Are we not allowed to mention the tool's name here? The justification given above sure looks solid to me - it's just a tool, you still need to use it on your own. And it won't give you the answer all by itself, either.
AlbusShin

Post by AlbusShin »

That's a very nice challenge
A linux png tool helped me a lot
and a little python did the trick 8)
Strike hard, and strike deep.
marinuso

Post by marinuso »

I can't figure it out. I got the "meaning" column, but people are talking about tools - is that whole encoded thing a red herring maybe?
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

If you have a png file and want to check it, there is a certain tool which you can use.
marinuso

Post by marinuso »

AMindForeverVoyaging wrote:If you have a png file and want to check it, there is a certain tool which you can use.
Thanks! That gave the last bit of information that I needed. (I must not have been paying attention while reading the PNG spec :P)
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

Nice teaching challenge.
elmarko

Post by elmarko »

ahh man, I've got so far with this. I've spotted the clever trick and found the hidden data inside, and I'd already used a tool eluded to earlier (always do with PNG puzzles) to look at the chunks, but nothing is leaping out at me.

I must use the data I've found in the file now somehow, but I got nothing.
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

elmarko wrote:ahh man, I've got so far with this. I've spotted the clever trick and found the hidden data inside, and I'd already used a tool eluded to earlier (always do with PNG puzzles) to look at the chunks, but nothing is leaping out at me.

I must use the data I've found in the file now somehow, but I got nothing.
Keep trying