Virus problem, internet won't work.

Discussion about hacker.org's server
Liidian

Virus problem, internet won't work.

Post by Liidian »

Hello i seem to have run into a problem i am yet to fix.

So basically, everything was working fine, nothing was downloaded yesterday.
When i start the computer today, skype won't connect, steam gives following error:

Code: Select all

steam.exe (main exception): WSAStartup() for 2.0
Spotify can't connect.

So i thought, is the internet down? Procceeded to CMD and wrote "ping www.google.se", worked fine.
tried ipconfig /all worked fine.
Tried opening internet in a different browser than Google Chrome, worked with internet explorer.
Tried to flush the DNS, didn't work. Did a reset, netsh winsock reset, didn't work.

When non of these worked i started suspecting a virus, so i got the kaspersky's virus scanner and started scanning; Nothing special found.

Edit: Safe mode doesn't change anything, and i've ofc tried the most trivial things such as reseting the router and restarting the computer.
:)

Edit 2: Checked Hosts file, looks pretty standard.

I am all out of idea while i'm trying to fix this PC.

Anyone got some suggestions? I would be really thankful.
:)
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
weefinbar

Post by weefinbar »

It does not seem as if you have been hacked or had a virus put on your computer so maybe you should look at whatever provider you have or maybe relocating the router. Is your computer linked with an Ethernet cable and maybe then a booster would help. But it sounds as if you have got your internet in deep doo doo.