ojvm.loading.BadVersionE: 50.0

renton_academy

Post by renton_academy »

Hey guys, I don't normally use eclipse so I tend to get frustrated at every little thing it does. The RunSimulator opens up fine, but when I select 2 .class files and click the Go! button I get this output. I thought it might be a version problem, so i installed JDK 1.6 but I'm still getting the problem. anyone have any ideas?

at ojvm.loading.AbsynClass.<init>(AbsynClass.java:56)
at org.hacker.engine.Chooser.findMethodName(Chooser.java:320)
at org.hacker.worm.WormChooser.runIt(WormChooser.java:36)
at org.hacker.engine.Chooser$4.actionPerformed(Chooser.java:158)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
adum

Post by adum »

hi, you have to make sure that you compile your bots using Java 5, not Java 6. it's okay to compile and run using JDK 1.6, but you have to tell eclipse in the project settings to compile for 1.5.

adum
renton_academy

Post by renton_academy »

Thanks! that fixed the problem. By the way, I'm new to the community and i wanted to say hi. This Wormageddon game is quite possibly the coolest thing ever. I'm supposed to be studying but all I can think about is ways to improve my worm AI :) It doesn't seem super active with users right now, but you can expect me to be around here for awhile... at least until i take the no. 1 position ;) Congrats on thinking up such a great idea.
adum

Post by adum »

glad you like it and welcome =) i'll be looking forward to you challenging me for #1 =)

adum
halter73

I am new too

Post by halter73 »

I first saw this competition in November, and I was so interested that I registered for the forms and downloaded the SDK within a day. However, while to this day I love occasionally thinking about a good strategy for my bot and how to implement it, I have been busy and not able to devote much time. I told myself the competition was dead anyway.

Just today in a spurt of nostalgia I came back to the site to see if it had again become active and sure enough renton_academy made this recent post. I think this MIGHT be enough to get me to post even a rudimentary bot and hopefully move on to post a bot that will dethrone you all (big hope). This might even be a good opportunity to try out scala :-).

Thank you, renton_academy, for bringing this competition back from the dead. I just hope that if I spend the time to create a bot that dethrones some of the hacker.org regulars that they will retaliate thus completely revitalizing competition, instead of letting it remain in its current comatose state.
dk39ab

Post by dk39ab »

Don't be so sure no posts implies no interest ...

I also plan to make a bot for Wormageddon at some point. I already have one that heads straight right to hit the wall, but my standards before I submit are a bit higher than PhalanX's =)
adum

Post by adum »

one thing about this site -- the competition is always here. if someone submits a bot that challenges the leaders, the leaders will likely respond. i know i will =)

take the OneOfUs game, for example. just recently dk39ab destroyed it. so the competition goes on... hopefully someone will challenge me in Mortal Coil one day too...

adum
j110n

Post by j110n »

can i study whit us
:D :D
renton_academy

Post by renton_academy »

hehe glad i could be an inspiration to you!
i've been busy with school the past few months so i've been inactive around here. I just finished my graph theory course in school and it gave me some new ideas for a bot. Hopefully when I have some time I can implement it and try it out.
Karian

Post by Karian »

well, I have a remark related to this. I recently downloaded the SDK for giving a try in creating a bot (no idea how far I will get). Now I was trying to run the sample bots, and it seems to me that the compiled classes for the samples are compiled in the wrong version. I get the error above when trying to load the 2 bots mentioned in the readme.txt ...
plant

Post by plant »

well, I'm having exactly the same text even though I did tell eclipse to compile to 1.5. I'm also new at this and very excited about building AI.
Last edited by plant on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acitran

Post by Acitran »

i also got this problem, like plant, but i cant solve it :(
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Same error as Karian... I didn't expect it to work, but I manually changed the version numbers in the CLASS files to indicate Java 5.0, and sure enough I got exactly the same error. Recompiling the sources with target Java 5.0 gives the same error, too.
There is no spoon.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

I even get this error when I run the simulator using Java JRE 1.5...
There is no spoon.