Challenge 'Viewpoints' [Web] (public beta)

michuber

Challenge 'Viewpoints' [Web] (public beta)

Post by michuber »

Hi there, I want to submit a new challenge, but I think it's a bit too difficult.
So I'd like to provide a public beta test. Please download the file ul.to/a23q8z76
and PM me the solution.

Thanks

Solvers:

rmplpmpl 2011-10-07 01:40:18
efe 2011-09-24 12:57:06
teebee 2011-09-24 05:27:20
MyNameIsAlreadyTaken 2011-09-23 03:29:22
Last edited by michuber on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MyNameIsAlreadyTaken

Post by MyNameIsAlreadyTaken »

I was able to reconstruct all the viewpoints - but I can't actually see what to do with these information :s
michuber

Post by michuber »

MyNameIsAlreadyTaken wrote:I was able to reconstruct all the viewpoints - but I can't actually see what to do with these information :s
I used a special application to make the images. Its name is a good hint.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Are we to find the webcams from which those photos were made, or am I on a wrong track there?
MyNameIsAlreadyTaken

Post by MyNameIsAlreadyTaken »

So, is the problem after all going to be included? Imo there are some challenges that are way harder to solve and have less hints on how to do so.

@amfv: It's kind of the right way, but in some kind not.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

MyNameIsAlreadyTaken wrote:Imo there are some challenges that are way harder to solve and have less hints on how to do so.
That might well be the case.
One thing people might want to consider: So far, every Web challenge (except for one - "A Hundred 0s") has had a proper description on what to do, as opposed to many of the other challenges (especially crypto). Personally, I would prefer if people kept it that way. But that is just my opinion and of course without obligation to anybody.
m!nus

Post by m!nus »

How can one find an answer to a question that has not been posed? I dislike challenges where you just a pile of stuff thrown at you.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

m!nus wrote:How can one find an answer to a question that has not been posed? I dislike challenges where you just a pile of stuff thrown at you.
Personally, I feel the same.

I guess some people like the additional difficulty of initially not knowing what the question/task at hand actually is. It might also provide a greater sense of satisfaction when you are able to solve it.

The downside is that also the frustration is much greater when you spend quite some time on a challenge and still can't figure out what to do at all.