Breakout / Breakout Extreme

compudemon

Post by compudemon »

it keeps losing the ball off screen and its not playable after. i got really far too :(
uws8505

Post by uws8505 »

AMindForeverVoyaging wrote:Yes, the game is definitely buggy. Just now I was on Level 8 and had the Sticky Paddle extra, I was at the very left of the screen and the ball was on the left of my paddle - and then it vanished completely. I also did not lose a life, but I cannot continue in this level - no new ball would appear, even though I have lives left.
I agree that sticky paddle sometimes gets buggy (so I had to refresh the page a few times), though I didn't experience any freezing.

For those who want to beat the two challenges by playing (not hacking) the game:
Play carefully, do not rely too much on extras, and don't get pissed off even if the game gets buggy. Also pray for some luck, especially when playing Breakout Extreme as you might need a few extra lives.
FaTaL_PrIdE

Post by FaTaL_PrIdE »

I just did these in a couple of minutes each..... there is a very simple way to do it without playing or decompiling either :)
General_Payne

Post by General_Payne »

Soooo
I Decompiled them and get several errors

the first being "The constructor BreakoutGame(DefaultStage, BreakoutApplet, Hashtable) is undefined"

Kinda new to this. Any clues??

Thanks

Payne
Valar_Dragon

Post by Valar_Dragon »

What good java decompiler is there for this? I tried JD-GUI, and put those files into eclipse. There were too many errors to ever get it to run, there wasn't a string in either plain text or in a cipher text that I could find. I found a method that appears to encrypt strings.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Valar_Dragon wrote:What good java decompiler is there for this? I tried JD-GUI
I have used JD-GUI for some of the challenges on this website, although not for Breakout or Breakout Extreme - I simply played those. You could also try www.showmycode.com. I haven't used it myself yet but it's free, so it can't hurt too much to try ;-)
Valar_Dragon

Post by Valar_Dragon »

Thanks A mind forever Voyaging! This pushed me to solve the first breakout by hand!
Reading the solution thread I found out that I located the right method that had the answer, and what I thought was jibberish for the answer, turned out to actually be it >:L, Thats what I get for expecting it to be a string of words.

I used a more hacky method for the extreme version :3
KiRa937

Game is not working

Post by KiRa937 »

So I got to this Breakout challenge and I can't launch the game. Because I'm using Chrome I tried to download and launch jar file, but that didn't work. I tried to decompile it and compile again as best I could (I'm Java noob) - got the exception. Then I tried to load the page with Firefox and jar was blocked because of security reasons. Tried to bypass it with security exeptions - no results. Same thing with Protected Passwords. At first I didn't notice them in Chrome cause I simply downloaded jars and decompiled them, but with Firefox they were blocked too. So what am I supposed to do now?
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Re: Game is not working

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

KiRa937 wrote:So what am I supposed to do now?
It might be that you need to add the website www.hacker.org as a trustworthy site in your Java security settings.
KiRa937

Re: Game is not working

Post by KiRa937 »

AMindForeverVoyaging wrote:
KiRa937 wrote:So what am I supposed to do now?
It might be that you need to add the website www.hacker.org as a trustworthy site in your Java security settings.
KiRa937 wrote:Tried to bypass it with security exeptions - no results.
Did it already.

Update: Strange. Tried to launch it again and now the "trustworthy site" works. Don't know what I did different, but it works now.