Didactic Text 2 Help

Dadoo202

Didactic Text 2 Help

Post by Dadoo202 »

So i got the numbers but can't seem to figure out what to do with them now....
Kami

Post by Kami »

One day you will, my friend... one day...
(And me too, hopefully! Because I have absolutely no idea...) :?
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Considerable help can be found on the current thread for this problem :)
There is no spoon.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

laz0r wrote:Considerable help can be found on the current thread for this problem :)
If you regard hints very slightly grazing the topic of how to decode the numbers found as "considerable" ;)
Kami

Post by Kami »

Got it...
But without the hints, i had no chance. Have hold the correct answer in my hand long before. Just didn't see it because of the misspelling. I didn't think it could be correct... THX to Skremers
Maybe the challenge should be changed? I think this makes it harder for non-native-english people than it should...
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Kami wrote: Maybe the challenge should be changed? I think this makes it harder for non-native-english people than it should...
For quite some time now, mistakes in challenges have not been fixed. I don't know what's up with adum, hopefully he is alive and well, but if he is, he does not seem to care much anymore.
uws8505

Post by uws8505 »

I don't think the challenge should be changed. Some challenges do not have plain English words as their answers to prevent entering random words without actually trying to solve it. The answer for this specific challenge is made of a couple of words merged so that it makes some sort of joke.

By the way, I'm not a native English speaker either.
Dadoo202

Post by Dadoo202 »

Gone through the other thread and still nothing. Im not seeing how these numbers can be represented as letters to the answer. sad part is that when i do get the answer i feel completely stupid for not seeing it.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

uws8505 wrote:Some challenges do not have plain English words as their answers to prevent entering random words without actually trying to solve it.
The protection against this is that you cannot submit an arbitrary amount of answers; after (I think) 20 wrong attempts there will be a waiting period before the next submission is accepted.
Kami

Post by Kami »

uws8505 wrote:I don't think the challenge should be changed. Some challenges do not have plain English words as their answers to prevent entering random words without actually trying to solve it. The answer for this specific challenge is made of a couple of words merged so that it makes some sort of joke.
I understand that.
But when the crypto method is unknown, one has to be able to make assumptions about the plaintext to be able to find it, like, that it is english. Respectively you must be able to recognize the plaintext as plaintext. Maybe I should have been able to see it, but...
You are right, some challenges have plaintexts like "The solution is just to type 'hakkadotoag'." or "thegreatblueelk" and you know the exact crypto method. But if you only have the broken word(s)... Text 3 and 4 seem much easyer for me.
Dadoo202

Post by Dadoo202 »

ugh....Still cant figure this out....
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Try a simple decoding method, and don't expect that the solution makes sense.