Research: Hackers who made impact on normal people

Discussion about hacker.org's server
yeni_ceri

Research: Hackers who made impact on normal people

Post by yeni_ceri »

Hi I'm doing some research about the impact of hackers, I would like to know about hackers who had impact on the average person. For the good and for the bad.

Example: Good: That guy who made a virus that would compress files... (Later someone pick up the idea and created winzip and such.)

Bad: Kevin Mitnik

I'm just doing research for myself... You don't need to tell me everything just some names and some info and I will do the research...

I'm very eager to learn, but I'm also eager to use google...

An index with such people would be SO FUCKING GREAT!

Thank you!
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Re: Research: Hackers who made impact on normal people

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

How exactly did Kevin Mitnick have an impact on the average person, let alone a bad one? Over here in Europe, most people have never heard of him in their entire life.
yeni_ceri

Post by yeni_ceri »

I am portuguese, so I know that, I was just saying that I want to learn just that...

Edit: Note to say that I am a newbie and I'm trying to learn...
yeni_ceri

Post by yeni_ceri »

Ok maybe I need to give some light to this discussion, as it is for my own good and also there will be many people interested in learning like me too... I know you guys do not like to spoon feed, but come on the history of hacking is pretty much diverse, I shouldn't start with such hardcore stuff, just some key events.

For example Linus Torvalds is a hacker, as a hacker for example, had it helped to construct linux?

Edit: Did some research somehow, and I started listening to terms like white hat, grey hat, black hat, tiger team, red team, sneaker, etc etc....
凯哥

黑客对正常

Post by 凯哥 »

我依旧是个小白,仍在奋斗中 :D
yeni_ceri

Re: 黑客对正&#24

Post by yeni_ceri »

凯哥 wrote:我依旧是个小白,仍在奋斗中 :D
Mr Bot I do not speak your language... But google translate tells me it is chinese and it says: I am still a white, still struggle