lvl 79

MrTerry

lvl 79

Post by MrTerry »

hi guys
well... i m stuck on lvl 79 .... can someone check this level? my solution doesnt even throw an error...so i have till now no clue whats wrong here....
and since i get a solution i dont think my algorithm is wrong....well.....hopefully ^^
anyway... :)
thx in advance
Terry

edit
i verified it by hand and it is broken! (i was redirected to 79)
would really appreciate it if someone fix it :)
Runaway Robot LvL 452
path: DDDRDRDDRRDDRRDRRRDDRRRRDDDRRDDDRRDRDRDRDRRRRRDRRDRRRRRDDRRDDDDRDRRRDRRDDRDRDRRRRRDRDDDRDDRDRRRRDDDDDDRRRRRRR

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?
MrTerry

Post by MrTerry »

i know , i m impatient .... but this still occurs and my solver wants to solve more very badly ! ^^
Runaway Robot LvL 452
path: DDDRDRDDRRDDRRDRRRDDRRRRDDDRRDDDRRDRDRDRDRRRRRDRRDRRRRRDDRRDDDDRDRRRDRRDDRDRDRRRRRDRDDDRDDRDRRRRDDDDDDRRRRRRR

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?
helly0d

Post by helly0d »

the level is working just fine i just checked it
MrTerry

Post by MrTerry »

the level itself is fine...yeah but i get redirected to the same level after solving..so for me it isnt fine :(
Runaway Robot LvL 452

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?
helly0d

Post by helly0d »

on oneofus i saw that if you solve a test it doesn't redirect you to the next one
so you have to use the goto button or an automated method for that.
MrTerry

Post by MrTerry »

well if u meant i need to add an "&gotolevel=80&go=Go+To+Level" to my submit-string that didnt work....saying i cant go to lvl 80 just to 79 :(
Runaway Robot LvL 452

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?
MrTerry

Post by MrTerry »

nobody there to fix this ? or like "i m going to look so shut up" ^^ ?
i know that this site isnt that active anymore but i hoped someone would solve this within a week.... or even is trying to fix ^^

well ... to bad .. this site was my favourite of all programming/puzzle sites ...would be a waste if it would silently disappear :(
Runaway Robot LvL 452

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?
helly0d

Post by helly0d »

it is not a problem to the puzzle i can assure you that. I tried all levels again from 30 to 90 and is not a single problem. And it won't disappear, i mean we are about 200 active people around here at least because my rank is like a rollercoaster. So don't worry. Try a different approach.
MrTerry

Post by MrTerry »

well the facts are :

1) my solver did a correct answer
why?
1) my algorithm solved succesfully lvl 1-78
2) i followed the steps by hand ! so its more or less a problem of the puzzle

2) i made a 2nd account which stops at lvl 79 too...so its not just this account

my assumption :
its a problem if u didnt have already solved it (i think)
someone like u, who has already finished this level some time ago will probably go through this, cuz of the fact that u already solved this and u are "allowed" to go on!

3) my solution doesnt throw any error

cuz of these facts i think its a problem with a linker, which refuses to let me go on.....maybe cuz of the downtime some days ago? ... dunno ^^

anyway... i appreciate the fact that u try so hard to help me :)
and this wasnt against u or anything against the site...... i was just mentioning that it WOULD be a waste if the site will go down cuz of inactivity..... :(

cheers
Terry
Runaway Robot LvL 452

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?
helly0d

Post by helly0d »

Now I really think it's your solver ( no offense )

1) I have played manually the level
2) I've created a new account and put my solver to test it and it did great ( helly1d is on lvl 82 )

Please make sure you have understood the way of submitting because it is a tricky one.
And try sending POST not GET because at higher level you will need it.
MrTerry

Post by MrTerry »

well ... then i have to admit that i m wrong here..... but i ll try to solve it another time by hand.... ^^

by the way ... i m not a native speaker and rather poor with my english skills, so if i have offended u or anyone, that wasnt my intention ^^ like i said i m just a little impatient and was hoping it will be solved quickly

now i m going to check another time by hand ^^

cheers
Terry

edit solving by hand : same result

my last attempt will be ur advice to submit it by post, though i thought that would be needed within the 3digit levels ....

omg.... okay SORRY for all the trouble..... POST was the key here.... but excuse my surprise and my misbelieve, but that it doesnt throw any error and isnt solvable by hand anymore ... it didnt ever cross my mind that here is the breakingpoint for get....

thx for ur hard work!!! i really appreciated it!
cheers
Terry
Runaway Robot LvL 452

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?
helly0d

Post by helly0d »

First of all ( just like a joke ) "Told ya"

2) Good luck with higher levels

3) What kind of algorithm do you use cause what i've got it got me stucked on 167 i think a gaussian elimination could do the trick but i am not sure on what matrixes to put it and on the dynamic programing style i haven't figured out all the rules on which a choice is the best one.

Hope it's not against the rules to share a bit of info but if it is please ( adum ) delete this post.
MrTerry

Post by MrTerry »

hehe ^^ i m a litte misbelieving child :)

i use so far a priority search.... but in every step i just "save" the possibilities which are as good as the one i'll do in that turn...so thats just a bruteforce with lower number of combinations so far.... but i noticed something i ll implement in my algorithm today or tomorrow which should get me at least around level 300 ....or i ll stuck again somewhere before ^^
btw...158 .. here thats a stubborn one :(
here it ll take some more time....seems like my worst case ....
Runaway Robot LvL 452

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?
jonik555

Post by jonik555 »

My solver did well up to lvl 241, but I dont have any idea how it is actually working :D
You probably know it... ideas kept coming, so I integrated them into one chaos python script... then I took pause for some time and now I would have to start from scratch in order to continue solving this puzzle :D

Concentrate on graph theory...
There are 10 types of people, those who understand ternary, those who think that this joke is about binary and the others.
MrTerry

Post by MrTerry »

well i m still stuck on 167...
my optimizations wasnt succesful ^^

so... concentrate on graph theory .... well my knowledge there isnt that great :(
and i dont see why some reductions to certain other problems should alright...

i ll search a bit more, when i have more time :)
Runaway Robot LvL 452

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?