something is wrong

Discussion about hacker.org's server
bodjo

something is wrong

Post by bodjo »

have you notice that recently this site is loosing energy and activity :no new topics or replies or anything
we supose to be a community the simlplest thing to do is to talk to each other
i satrt feeling bored over here and i really hate this feeling so what is your adeas to bring 'fresh blood'
pesonally i think creating smaller groups with similar level members(may be by rank)will enhance the interactivity
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

So things are too quiet when everyone can communicate with everyone so people should be segregated into smaller groups based on their performance? I don't think that would help in any way myself, especially as that would mean you'd likely end up in a small pond of inexperienced people in the beginning and even if you were to ask a question it would be unlikely that you get a helpful response as anyone who did respond would probably be in the same boat with the problem.

As it is you can talk about any solution to any challenge you have completed with anyone else who has or ask a question which everyone can see and respond to, the thing is this forum tends to have very few new posts that aren't on the default challenges/challenges solved threads or something along the lines of "h0w d0 u h4k" which leaves very little room for conversation or energy (although the server probably gets the same amount of energy as always).

I don't think fresh blood is necessarily an issue as there are nearly 21k users so it should be a case of getting the existing members to come back by letting them get more involved in either non-challenge conversation or other activities as they probably came here in the first place for challenges but hit a dead end for whatever reason but I guess a lot of people who have signed up have little to no problem solving (especially with computers) experience and just came along because they read the word hacker so can't get anywhere. I think I've harked on about this before but a tutorial section could be a good way to get people in and keep them here by giving them new tools to help them progress though the challenges.

Pretty sure I have essay response syndrome, meh
bodjo

Post by bodjo »

i agree but also getting an answer from someone who have it already won't be funny
besides it is quite interesting to hear these smart people opinion about the site[/quote]
pedromalta

Post by pedromalta »

I ended up here 3 days ago, i was looking for an old site that was similar to this one, but with a lot less challenges, and it was segregated, not in the forum, but they had like a library with hack stuff that you gain access by solving the challenges...

Well, i'm still trying to remember the site, i remember there was an Eliza Bot as one the challenges... lol, hated that name for months!

I think the quality of the last posts where not the best, i didn't see the old ones, but i'm sure there has been good ones, you should "stick" the great postings on the first positions on the forum, so they always keep alive!

I'm pretty sure in 24 pages of topics have to have good stuff, but on the first page there's almost only questions, not the brightest, and some garbage...
sudo apt-get a life