29%
Not much to be honest.
19%
Not at all. 100% Shit.
51%

Total votes: 68

Freak_Network

Post by Freak_Network »

CodeX wrote:Unfortunately the use of political speech generally means avoiding the truth, mincing words as well as sugar coating everything, but to summarize my view once again: if you were anywhere near me when publishing this post I'd have thrown a hot buttered crumpet at your face (the hot butter adds to the damage).

I have to point out that for a serious programmer C (which apparently isn't supported by anything :? ) is usually the way to go or C++*. Although C (and C++ too to a lesser extent) it's a low level language which doesn't give you the benefit of higher level things such as HTTP requests, hash tables (dictionaries) and even things like text based operations straight off the bat like you would in Python, it does however grant you much more power in your programs as C code is little abstracted from the hardware which results in you having a lot less unnecessary checks, rearrangements and other things in your resulting program which is the trade off for things like Python. One fairly good example of the kind of speed differences you can experience is with Runaway Robot solvers, my C solver took 0.008 seconds to solve level 513 (with no optimizing the algorithm) whereas an equivalent Python solution took over 10 minutes, that makes C over 7,500,000x faster in this case. C and inherently C++ (if you've read the note) is also capable of much more than Python for things and good examples of that is writing OSes (most are written in C with asm) and even writing a lot of scripting languages such as Perl, PHP and Ruby. C is not trash, Liidian is. :twisted:

Next up on the Liidian bashing list is JAVA, is it really hard, complicated and less useful? JAVA is easy enough to learn that you can get books less than 200 pages on the subject of learning it which will have you set up for life with it, it is also commonly taught at universities in a range of subjects (not just first year Computer Science) due to its portability and ease of use due to it being a high level language which allows you to make GUI based applications with relative ease and is a bit like a mix of C++ and Python and is faster than Python but slower than C++. JAVA is far from useless, Liidian isn't. :twisted:

Finally the educational value of Liidian's post can be summerised by this C:

Code: Select all

int x = 0xbf4d9fac;
printf("Liidian's "information"'s value is about on par with %e",*((float*)&x));

*C++ is unsurprisingly derived from C, C code can even be compiled with a C++ compiler, as C++ is pretty much C with some Object Oriented extra features but just because they are there it doesn't mean you have to use them.
**That's the minimum value that can be held in an single precision IEEE-754 float which is 2[sup]-126[/sup], I wasn't harsh enough to use the minimum double value :P
i 100% support ur word , before we learn C++ or etc other programming language , 1st things is we need to learn C :D
Dont Be stupid , Just Learn !
malachi

Re: This is how you learn hacking!

Post by malachi »

Voted shite because of your programming languages description. After that I didn't bother to read the rest of your post.
Liidian wrote: C++ ( Easy and popular )
Python ( Easy new and strong )
Java ( Hard, Complicated and with less use )
Perl ( An dynamic language not commonly used )
Ruby ( An upgrade of Perl )

No C isn't a used language anymore and nothing supports it, learning C is trash.
C++ is indeed popular, and is "easy" to learn the syntax. I will remind you that if writing your programs is "easy" then it's probably not doing anything interesting. But then you're probably talking about learning the syntax because your post is geared towards beginners, so we'll let that one go.

Python is "strong"? What exactly do you think "strong" means in this case? All of the languages you list above are turing-complete, which means that they can all do anything that you can do in any of the others. Python does make a lot of things easy to do, but then you listed "easy" as well, so I'm assuming you harbor some kind of belief that it "can do more" which is simply false.

Java is a popular "introductory" language. It's actually one of the easier languages in which to learn the basics of programming, mostly because it incorporates structure, OO, and is very well documented. It also enforces reasonable kind of type-structure (unlike PHP which lets you shit on the keyboard and call it a program). Calling it 'in less use' is ridiculous. Java is one of the main languages used at Google, and many many other companies. If you plan on ever writing an android app, it's going to be in Java. Ever seen a ".jsp" web-page? Java. If you're going to learn one programming language and are trying to maximize your employability, Java's probably the way to go.

Perl is about as good as it gets when you need to crunch text files, log files, numbers, etc. Probably not something you'd want to write a big, complex program in, but it's as good as it gets for your quick and dirty scripts to get something done. That said there *are* big and complex programs written in Perl.

Ruby is not an upgrade of Perl. It is "inspired" by Perl. There is a huge difference, much akin to calling Oasis "an upgrade" of the Beatles.

If you think C isn't used anymore then you really have no idea how most of the systems around you work. Protip: most of UNIX / Linux is written in C. It's also the most supported language in existence, in that its binaries run on absolutely ANY system / architecture that they're compiled for. I'll leave you to figure the rest out.
If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable.
pedromalta

Post by pedromalta »

Lol Malachi!

You read that much!?

I stopped at the Hack definition
You want to learn hacking? You know what hacking is?
Hacking is rebuilding or taking over systems, hacking does not include: Writing batch files believing you make viruses (Acutally worms, but skidds call everything viruses) or making harmful files at all. That is cracking, if it's cracking you want to learn please don't stay at this site. go to www.phrozencrew.net since their known for their shit cracking.
I personally think that hack, although i can't really say if the term was born with computers, is more than just system stuff... whatever you're doing with it... To put simply whenever you'll improve, change, or give an unusual use for anything based on your knowledge of the matter, for me is a hack, like when you do antennas out of cans, or improve the heat of your coffe with some old P4, the thing with the programming languages and computers is that they are GREAT tools for it!

I have a hacked guitar, my car has a really hacked engine, a 79' Chevy 250cid, and so on...

And about the programming, C, and C++ is undoubtly a great language since it's perharps the fastest one, but they all serve to their purpose, C is fast, Python has a better learning curve and is very strong, i've seen Pearl take care of strings at ease, but to hack you'll also need a lot of background on math, physics, english(in my case, i'm brazilian), and since you're dealing with humans behind machines and systems, why not knowing a bit of sociology, and other human science.

My guideline, if your want to be a Hacker, start asking why stuff are like they are, start connecting everything, when you hear something that you don't know go research even if for 2 minutes, so the next time you hear about it you'll learn more...

Learn the theory and any programming language will make sense really fast... and learn math!

lol, nothing to do right now...[/quote]
sudo apt-get a life