Please help me to solve 'One Minute Man' challenge

alalkeimst

Post by alalkeimst »

Masti6 You will probably need to leave your computer running for at most a day but probably less than 12 hours. The correct minute depends on your location (for me it was during the night but i am probably on the other side of the world :-P) In addition, many real world scenarios require this kind of polling and i think scaling problems to reality or even beyond is a better learning experience.

There are other computing challenges that will also require to leave your pc running overnight so I do not think that there is a way to overcome this.
Masti6

Post by Masti6 »

alalkeimst wrote:Masti6 You will probably need to leave your computer running for at most a day but probably less than 12 hours. The correct minute depends on your location (for me it was during the night but i am probably on the other side of the world :-P) In addition, many real world scenarios require this kind of polling and i think scaling problems to reality or even beyond is a better learning experience.

There are other computing challenges that will also require to leave your pc running overnight so I do not think that there is a way to overcome this.
Thank you for your reply.
Even thought I cannot imagine such a real world scenario where I should ping a website for 12+ hours, I trust you in the fact this time =P
I'll probably use my laptop then... Think it will have enough processing speed?
Also, as I still have no idea how to code a Python program to help me with this, any example codes with the useful commands would be much appreciated. I'd just need to see the basic structure and the commands themselves.
Thank you for your time =)
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

This should help :)
alalkeimst

Post by alalkeimst »

Masti6 just remember that you have a whole minute to get the answer and do not need a continuous poll :wink:, so processing power should not be the issue. CodeX provided all you need (ironically true :P).
magnus

Post by magnus »

Perhaps the URL-Request-Property 'Date' helps....
smeega

Post by smeega »

just FYI, python does have a for loop.
for <variable> in range (range,range):
other code

That probly didnt help very much, but i just thought you should know.

What version are you using? 2.7 is the best