Hack your own email

Discussion about hacker.org's server
blacktribe

Hack your own email

Post by blacktribe »

hi guys need your help im new here and i forgot my password to my email i know the secrect answer but i dont want my password to be reset becoz my old password link to my other account any one can help me to this matter? plz excuse my english :(

help me recover my password without reseting
Last edited by blacktribe on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
keep moving forward!
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Have you tried lucid dreaming? It is a) fun and b) could help you recall the password.
There is no spoon.
Aghamemnon

Post by Aghamemnon »

mmmmmmm? very interesting
:twisted: Devilish Angel Aghamemnon :twisted:
blacktribe

Post by blacktribe »

laz0r wrote:Have you tried lucid dreaming? It is a) fun and b) could help you recall the password.

nice ,,, ok ill try :) but then i need to know if theres a way...
keep moving forward!
malachi

Post by malachi »

For one thing, "Hey how do I hack email?" is just about as specific as "Hey how do I solve math problem?". What kind of answer are you expecting, really?

For anther, it's pretty obvious that the email address you're trying to get into is not your own.

Finally, please don't double post: http://www.hacker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2157

Post by 0042 »

The sad thing is, this guy think's he's being clever. They all do. It's sad, really, since anyone with 3 braincells can spot them a mile away.

Basic ways to spot Crackers/n00bs/etc.

1) Anybody who hasn't customised their profile.

2) Anyone who has less than about 20 posts.

3) Anyone who has been a member for less than a month.

4) Anybody who can't use simple capitalization and periods.

5) Anybody who hasn't given basic information about themselves. Like a name. (Crackers don't like to be known. Hackers like to have their name on their work.)

6) Anyone who asks for the answer to be handed to them instead of asking for advice on figuring it out themselves.

It's really pathetic, but these are the basic things to look for when reading posts that ask for programming knowledge. Really. It's practically first grade!!

Dear n00bs: Hackers are not stupid. If we were, we wouldn't be hackers! Stop trying to trick us, it won't work.

...-shot for ranting-
"If you can read this, you must be really bored!"

Girl Hackers!! Because you don't need a penis to be good with computers!!
-----
Name: Jennifer
Number of n00bz used as cannonfodder: "Now serving #2,364,428!"
malachi

Post by malachi »

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, I would have to disagree fairly vehemently with your list:

1) I customized my profile a day or two ago... even now it's sparse
2) This is my 14th post, I believe
3) I've been a member for a few hours less than a week
4) I am pretty good at capitalization, I'll grant you that... but seriously, the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse" is too great to be ignored.
5) I disagree - I prefer to be known as Malachi, here and elsewhere where my work is known. The trouble with information is it's hard to limit. For example, your persona here and the Jennifer who is writing a script for some anime fanfilm, and whose grandmother is thrilled that you finally got a job are probably two very different people (go aggies!).
6) Yeah, I can't disagree with this one...

I am oft flabbergasted by the sheer number of people who think that they will "trick" us, or that we are so desperate to prove our skills that we will do anything ("HEY prove you're a hacker alisdfj@hotmail.com HACK IT)

*sigh*
If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable.

Post by 0042 »

malachi wrote:While I agree with the sentiment of your post, I would have to disagree fairly vehemently with your list:

1) I customized my profile a day or two ago... even now it's sparse
2) This is my 14th post, I believe
3) I've been a member for a few hours less than a week
4) I am pretty good at capitalization, I'll grant you that... but seriously, the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse" is too great to be ignored.
5) I disagree - I prefer to be known as Malachi, here and elsewhere where my work is known. The trouble with information is it's hard to limit. For example, your persona here and the Jennifer who is writing a script for some anime fanfilm, and whose grandmother is thrilled that you finally got a job are probably two very different people (go aggies!).
6) Yeah, I can't disagree with this one...

I am oft flabbergasted by the sheer number of people who think that they will "trick" us, or that we are so desperate to prove our skills that we will do anything ("HEY prove you're a hacker alisdfj@hotmail.com HACK IT)

*sigh*
lol Okay, granted. Not always the case.

...did I forget to mention that's usually my method of recognizing them? ...oopsie.
"If you can read this, you must be really bored!"

Girl Hackers!! Because you don't need a penis to be good with computers!!
-----
Name: Jennifer
Number of n00bz used as cannonfodder: "Now serving #2,364,428!"
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

Hey guys, I don't know if you want to help blacktribe or just make fun of him :D
but

@blacktribe: can't you reset your password using the answer and then put it back again using the options in the mail client?
--
malachi

Post by malachi »

No baha, you see, he can't reset his password becoz his old password link to his other account.

...you see?
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

sorry, I've just noticed that what I wrote was really stupid, don't know what I was thinking about.

and by link you mean that the password leads him to his other account?
--
malachi

Post by malachi »

I actually don't think anybody has any idea. But the question basically boils down to "hey here's an email address - how do i get the password?"
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

Have you tried calling the company that owns the e-mail service and asking for help? Most large companies have support for this...