Discussion about hacker.org's server
Zentsu

Post by Zentsu »

I'm very new to programming (can't say hacking because I don't know how) and would like to learn from people who know what they're doing. I can't exactly pay for classes because money is tight, especially for my age. I was wondering if someone could give me a rundown of maybe some command prompts to start off with or maybe some programming software to get me started? Or even learn how to get rid of trojans. Things like that. Thanks.
Liidian

Re: Newbie

Post by Liidian »

Zentsu wrote:I'm very new to programming (can't say hacking because I don't know how) and would like to learn from people who know what they're doing. I can't exactly pay for classes because money is tight, especially for my age. I was wondering if someone could give me a rundown of maybe some command prompts to start off with or maybe some programming software to get me started? Or even learn how to get rid of trojans. Things like that. Thanks.
I am not good person to learn from but i just wonder, what is your age? 14 - 16?
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

Liidian is right about the learning from him part, he likes little boys too so beware, anywho as for learning programming have you started with any real programming/scripting languages? As your starting off I'd suggest something like JAVA, C#, Visual Basic 7+ or PHP, there's plenty of resources for starting off and advancing with these languages online which you'll find is your primary method of learning (other than trial & error), books can make a nice starting point to help you along with your first or intermediate steps. What do you want to achieve with programming as knowing that will help people give you guidance, also what subjects are you studying/have particular interest in both at school and in you're own time?

Your trojan issue can probably be solved with some anti-malware software like MalwareBytes but also it comes down to user savvy to avoid downloading these things in the first place, crapware can be uninstalled using Window's add/remove programs but more persistent things you can just google for help with.
Zentsu

Post by Zentsu »

Well Liidian, i'm 17 lol.
And for the hacking/programming portion, I want to be able to access or even destroy a computer without actually having to be on their computer. You know, like sending packages through commands and learning how to make batch files to send. The basics I guess? The bottom line is I SUCK. And I really want to get better but I don't know where to start.
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

Batch scripting certainly isn't where it's at and blowing up computers isn't going to happen either (even in Die Hard 4.0 the computers had a block of C4), as for general malicious actions against computer users I think you're better off going around people's houses and pulling out their hard drives. Maybe keying cars would be more suited to yourself? I think gaining access to remote people's computers is more about being creative with your knowledge and so you'd need a decent foundation with computer systems/programming to begin with, if you think your up for it you could start with some books on computer security, one comes to mind (the name would probably grab your attention on Amazon) but I'll let you search for it.

It appears your motivation for this isn't exactly brilliant as I'm reading it as you just want to be malicious to people which just isn't nice, maybe it would be worth considering your reasons for wanting to do this? Some people take up contact sports as a vent for their frustration or ill will towards others so I'm guessing something along these lines would be better for you, as you'd just get more wound up from how much it really takes to independently get into proper programming and computing.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

If you're running *nix, then Emacs will be pre-installed, and you can use the Eliza psycho-analyst through emacs if it would help! :)
There is no spoon.
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

laz0r wrote:If you're running *nix, then Emacs will be pre-installed, and you can use the Eliza psycho-analyst through emacs if it would help! :)
:lol: :lol:
--
Zentsu

Post by Zentsu »

Lol blowing up computers is NOT what I'm trying to accomplish. Though it would be kinda cool, being like Bruce Willis going around and kickin' ass x) The only reason I wanted to say that I sucked was to show that I'm not trying to sound cocky.

I have been reading a few books, mostly for my intelligence in this field. I, so far, have been reading Hacking for Dummies Third Edition and Hack School for Beginners. I do do things along those lines too though. Skateboarding, wrestling, football, parkour (still practicing) and weightlifting. I'd like to stay in shape, but this is something else that I also would like to learn even a little bit about.

For example, I've seen my friend go through systems in my school and go shutting down computers with his own. And accessing other peoples computers? That's awesome! I've always been wanting to learn but never had the knowledge to even know where to begin. So security books? I'll start there then. :)
Zentsu

Post by Zentsu »

Oh, and I do paintballing! :D
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

If your friend is doing this at school, are you sure he's not using something like RM Tutor? I know the security which stops you from opening the Tutor software is pretty bad.
There is no spoon.
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

RM Tutor is indeed terrible as my old 6th form had it and I used to batch mischief as well as using RM's own software, some computers let you get up to more than others though and it's usually in places like the rooms where Computing is taught (to let you run your compiled programs).
Zentsu

Post by Zentsu »

Well is that the only way you can become an admin on a school computer? I mean, he had our teacher type in her username and pass and used that to shut down computers lol.

Now what I'm wondering is if I, for example, brought my own laptop to school and logged in, would it be possible to shut down computers or access files that way?

And Stupid children question, Is using Dos on Win 7 useless? Because I heard its not actually a "real" command prompt. I guess its true because I tried routing an ip address to some other website and it worked for his Win 98 but not my Win 7. :/
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Well, it's not particularly impressive, to get an administrator to log on, perform administrative tasks and then proclaim that you're a marvel for being able to perform administrative tasks!
There is no spoon.
Zentsu

Post by Zentsu »

I guess that's true.. But he proclaimed to have used "social engineering" Which I find to be somewhat skeptical of. But I would assume that's still social engineering?
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

I think social engineering is generally getting someone do do something they wouldn't if they really knew what was going on, if a teacher is like "LOL, I'll login so you can shut down some computers" then I don't think that counts as they haven't been mislead in anyway. Even if a keylogger was in use or he somehow otherwise captured the details for future use I think it falls into a category other than social engineering.