Hereditary

bsguedes

Hereditary

Post by bsguedes »

Has this challenge relations with protein biosynthesis or it has another Biology connection with it that I could be missing? I've tried some translations used in Biology to decode messenger RNAs in this challenge (specially because the length of the string is 63, which is a multiple of 3), but all failed.

Thanks,
Bruno.
megabreit

Post by megabreit »

Same here. In addition I calculated the complement of the RNA string, tried to decode and didn't succeed.
But from my point of view it has something to do with RNA triple coding/translation... it's not enough data for a frequency analysis.
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

Yeah, I've tried also to give meaning to the decoded sequence, like you, but it isn't yielding useful stuff =/
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

I got it. It envolves another basic Biology concept that I was missing. It's also related to protein synthesis.
trunx

Post by trunx »

I tought that i found a method to decode the ciphertext, but something is wrong ... The alphabet i discovered has only 15 Letters, no "E" included. The first two decoded letters are "TH". I would expect "E" for the next letter, but its not working.

is there a twist in this challange?

thx

trunx
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

You are on the right line. It is to do with Biology and you are very close. Just keep trying and you'll get there very quickly.
There is no spoon.
jonik555

Post by jonik555 »

Any hints? I know think I'm very close. I'm getting answer starting with TVCS.... I can't find any other biological sense than prothein synthesis.
There are 10 types of people, those who understand ternary, those who think that this joke is about binary and the others.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Try protein synthesis then! ;) And remember there's more than one way to skin a cat.
There is no spoon.
jonik555

Post by jonik555 »

By more ways you mean reading frames? I really can't get it...
There are 10 types of people, those who understand ternary, those who think that this joke is about binary and the others.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

By 'skinning a cat' I mean 'synthesise protein' :)
There is no spoon.
jonik555

Post by jonik555 »

Thank you. Finally found it :D. I didnt know that it can be represented the other way :D.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/tryit/dna/shockwave.html helped a lot...
Nullsig

Post by Nullsig »

So I figured out the code and my result was as expected... but for some reason my result is not working even though the rest of the sentence is perfect english

*** realized my error seconds after submitting this. fixed please disregard my error
trofi

Post by trofi »

Nice hints guys!

I feel the need to share my one: the first letter is garbage, the rest are fine.
destiny

Post by destiny »

Ahhh that took me longer than it should have...mainly because I didn't find the right table to use. There is also a reason why the first letter isn't needed, but you don't really need to look into it.