echo("Hello World");

Discussion about hacker.org's server
GitC

echo("Hello World");

Post by GitC »

Hey Everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.

Basically I want to learn as much as possible about the computer industry, my main focus right now is web development.

Anyway, I hope to learn all i can from this site and the community at large.

I already completed a few challenges. :wink:

GitC
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

As you are current web development oriented you might find www.hackthissite.org more educational for what your doing, although this site is good for practicing scripting there isn't much on web application security and if your fairly new to the subject you'll probably give up before you find any here, whereas it at least used to be the main focus of HTS with some their basic+realistic branches of challenges and also have application (cracker) & programming challenges too as well as a fairly new stenography section which might be of interest too.

Their web related challenges aren't only accessible in a linear manner, no "complete this level to get to the next" kind of thing which works well with their site whereas here you'll be wading around through the challenges getting a lot of things you probably wont be interested in until you find something you like, only to complete it and repeat the cycle which is a bit frustrating at times.

If you still here, hi!