Autoforwarding program

Discussion about hacker.org's server
Zaffron

Autoforwarding program

Post by Zaffron »

So I want to make a program that can automatically forward stuff from a hotmail account to another account, and hotmail doesnt support this. Can this be done with python? Anyone know how I would start?
Read, know, do. Discuss topics of ANY kind, including unconventional or taboo topics. Free speech, open minds, alternative thinking. http://www.totse2.com
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Google 'hotmail pop3', 'python pop3' and 'python smtp'. Go on from there.

Python supports pop3 and smtp out of the box, but you may still run in trouble because the implementation quality of POP3 servers varies widely.
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

Zeta wrote:Google 'hotmail pop3', 'python pop3' and 'python smtp'. Go on from there.

Python supports pop3 and smtp out of the box, but you may still run in trouble because the implementation quality of POP3 servers varies widely.

you and your words
Liidian

Re: Autoforwarding program

Post by Liidian »

Zaffron wrote:So I want to make a program that can automatically forward stuff from a hotmail account to another account, and hotmail doesnt support this. Can this be done with python? Anyone know how I would start?
Just make it in VB? (Visual Basic 2008)
It's extremly easy if you just wanna send things from 1 mail to another.
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

Zeta wrote:Google 'hotmail pop3', 'python pop3' and 'python smtp'. Go on from there.

Thankies :D'

Zaffron wrote:
So I want to make a program that can automatically forward stuff from a hotmail account to another account, and hotmail doesnt support this. Can this be done with python? Anyone know how I would start?

Just make it in VB? (Visual Basic 2008)
It's extremly easy if you just wanna send things from 1 mail to another.
Read, know, do. Discuss topics of ANY kind, including unconventional or taboo topics. Free speech, open minds, alternative thinking. http://www.totse2.com
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

I was going to go into a post about poplib and smtplib in Python as well as the details you need to connect to your hotmail account (pop3.live.com & smtp.live.com, SSH, ports ect.) but you don't really need that, why reinvent the wheel when you can google it and come up with an app or script that will do it without the hassle of you having to do it yourself? If you've already tried this and found nothing suitable then I'll knock up a Python solution for you.
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

dude make it in batch :p