HoW To HaCk A FiREwALL

Discussion about hacker.org's server
Liidian

Post by Liidian »

PaRaDoX wrote:
plope0726 wrote:
Liidian wrote: omg, you can't fucking DoS a firewall... for the first to do that you already need a connection to the computer so.. why even attack it? second how the hell do you DoS a firewall? please answer me. And i am even more curious about the thing that a DoS attack goes against the connection and the server. So you wanna DoS attack a firewall? It got no server, impossible to do that.
Sorry for english grammar but this darnit made me upset Oo
What the hell are you talking about? A complete connection isn't required to cause a DoS attack. The basic point is to send enough requests to tie up (or crash) a server so that legit users can't access it. In this case the intent would be to crash the firewall in order to bypass security filters. This could be done by sending more requests at once than the firewall can handle. In this case one would likely need a botnet to perform a DDoS because a single computer would likely not be able to handle the throughput to perform such an attack, assuming it's a firewall on a large network. Which is what I said initially that he's not going to DoS a firewall with a single computer, he's just going to DoS his self.

I think your problem is less being mad and more of an aching brain because clearly these concepts are beyond your comprehension.
Yea but pretty much always a firewall's ability to handle requests > the actual site's ability due to the complexity of the functions that the site must perform per request, compared against the firewall.

In other words, you won't crash the firewall and gain access, you'll end up crashing the site first and not gaining access (although since the purpose of the firewall is to protect, you won't be crashing that any time soon).
DoS ATTACKS ONLY WORKS AGAINST A SERVER, A FIREWALL HAVEN'T USED A SERVER SINCE WINDOWS 95. ^^
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Liidian wrote:
plope0726 wrote:
Liidian wrote: omg, you can't fucking DoS a firewall... for the first to do that you already need a connection to the computer so.. why even attack it? second how the hell do you DoS a firewall? please answer me. And i am even more curious about the thing that a DoS attack goes against the connection and the server. So you wanna DoS attack a firewall? It got no server, impossible to do that.
Sorry for english grammar but this darnit made me upset Oo
What the hell are you talking about? A complete connection isn't required to cause a DoS attack. The basic point is to send enough requests to tie up (or crash) a server so that legit users can't access it. In this case the intent would be to crash the firewall in order to bypass security filters. This could be done by sending more requests at once than the firewall can handle. In this case one would likely need a botnet to perform a DDoS because a single computer would likely not be able to handle the throughput to perform such an attack, assuming it's a firewall on a large network. Which is what I said initially that he's not going to DoS a firewall with a single computer, he's just going to DoS his self.

I think your problem is less being mad and more of an aching brain because clearly these concepts are beyond your comprehension.
May you please tell me how to make a request on a firewall without being connected to the computer? I am curious.
Well for starters, malicious packets should be dropped by the firewall. Send enough malicious packets simultaneously and one can bog down the firewall wall. In the end a firewall is nothing but a computer with a specific job. And a computer can only handle so much processing power.
Liidian

Post by Liidian »

DoS attacks only work on a serveŕ, drop the subject.
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

I just thought I'd join in and point this out to Liidian: Denial of Service attacks certainly aren't limited to servers (just plain old computers with a job title, same same routers), where did you get the idea (which you're so dogmatic about) that DoS can only work on a server?
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Thank you codex.
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

CodeX wrote:I just thought I'd join in and point this out to Liidian: Denial of Service attacks certainly aren't limited to servers (just plain old computers with a job title, same same routers), where did you get the idea (which you're so dogmatic about) that DoS can only work on a server?
Further expanding, its pretty much anything that can take a request and needs to process each one.

i.e: Filters, firewalls, severs, routers, etc.

~You are a glitch in my reasoning.
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

i feel incredible stupid saying this but...

isn't that impossible to "crash" a firewall

i thought there was something called an exploit ;p (probably wrong on this but...)

a firewall stops people from the outside touching things from the inside... unless a "hole" is found in the firewall like a open port like... telnet:23 then you would need the authorization to access it and exploit it from there. (pretty much all i have learned about breaking into a computer probably extremely wrong about it though feel free to correct me on any and all error's)
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

koolpop0 wrote:i feel incredible stupid saying this but...

i thought there was something called an exploit ;p (probably wrong on this but...)

a firewall stops people from the outside touching things from the inside... unless a "hole" is found in the firewall like a open port like... telnet:23 then you would need the authorization to access it and exploit it from there. (pretty much all i have learned about breaking into a computer probably extremely wrong about it though feel free to correct me on any and all error's)
No, it is not impossible to crash a firewall. Once again, a firewall is nothing but a computer with a specific job. And computer can be "crashed" by overloading the processor. Send enough packets simultaneously and an attacker can overload the firewall. Causing it to crash.
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

plope0726 wrote:

No, it is not impossible to crash a firewall. Once again, a firewall is nothing but a computer with a specific job. And computer can be "crashed" by overloading the processor. Send enough packets simultaneously and an attacker can overload the firewall. Causing it to crash.
Although for any firewall post dating windows 95, that could be difficult. Very difficult, and not as 'worth ot' as other methods.

plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

PaRaDoX wrote:
plope0726 wrote:

Although for any firewall post dating windows 95, that could be difficult. Very difficult, and not as 'worth ot' as other methods.

Yeah, but of course that would depend on what the attackers intent is and what type of firwall they are attacking or trying to circumvent.
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

another stupid question i'm gonna ask here but wouldn't crashing the processor crash the computer making it restart> thus firewall is booted up on log in
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

koolpop0 wrote:another stupid question i'm gonna ask here but wouldn't crashing the processor crash the computer making it restart> thus firewall is booted up on log in
We aren't talking about a personal firewall.
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

oh so.. one last question is it the router's built in firewall or something i never heard of
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

koolpop0 wrote:oh so.. one last question is it the router's built in firewall or something i never heard of
More to the effect of a server's firewall is what we're talking about, I think.

plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

PaRaDoX wrote:
koolpop0 wrote:oh so.. one last question is it the router's built in firewall or something i never heard of
More to the effect of a server's firewall is what we're talking about, I think.
Well, I'm not sure about everyone else in the discussion, but I was referring to hardware firewall. In other words the firewall is a completely separate entity, as a router is it's own machine, and a switch, and a server and a client and so on...