Operating system?

Discussion about hacker.org's server

Which operating System would you use (LEARN ABOUT IT FIRST BEFOR YOU SUBMIT!!!!)

FreeBSD
50%
Solaris
50%

Total votes: 12

koolpop0

Operating system?

Post by koolpop0 »

I know there are many linux hackers out there but i was wondering if we have "rebels"

I was just learning about freeBSD and Sun Solaris...

And personally i don't know if they are used anymore by the majority

so i am making this quiz to learn more about what the users or non-users think of these operating systems...

So please tell me what you think about them...
Nick-Aotmzgin

Post by Nick-Aotmzgin »

its not so Accessable or used anymore, but those who want to be spiceall can use it:)
i think the Solaris one is cool.
Abit - About:
Solaris is a UNIX-based operating system introduced by Sun Microsystems in 1992 as the successor to SunOS.

Solaris is known for its scalability, especially on SPARC systems, and for originating many innovative features such as DTrace and ZFS.[1][2] Solaris supports SPARC-based and x86-based workstations and servers from Sun and other vendors, with efforts underway to port to additional platforms.

Solaris is certified against the Single Unix Specification. Although it was historically developed as proprietary software, it is supported on systems manufactured by all major server vendors, and the majority of its codebase is now open source software via the OpenSolaris project.
(i) Hacerks Group -> Greek Hackers Group (House of Hackers Offical Community)