yes
71%
no
29%

Total votes: 7

Me

how we treat lazy dumbasses that want quick cheap info

Post by Me »

You know when some lazy dumbass comes on the server and asks for some quick cheap info and we give him/her good ways to f*** up his comp. Do you think some of them actually take our advice and totally f*** up their comps?...
this is me, got a problem deal with it
sabretooth

Post by sabretooth »

does it really matter?
Me

Post by Me »

no, just curious to see what you guys think
this is me, got a problem deal with it
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

I honestly believe that a few of them do.

~You are a glitch in my reasoning.
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

Well i think one did... but aside from that i think we should help them learn just not help them hack...

I don't know what you guys think about it though...
sabretooth

Post by sabretooth »

koolpop0 wrote:Well i think one did... but aside from that i think we should help them learn just not help them hack...

I don't know what you guys think about it though...
You should know my throughts on the matter by now koolpop :) You've seen my mantra many times already in the forum I am sure.

research, read, understand :)

I agree to some extent that we should help them learn but many do not even want to do that and this is very clear from some of their postings.

I have been talking to plope a bit on msn lately and its worrying how similar our viewpoints are on such matters. I suggest (and I will gladly set this up) as a thread a recommended reading list of any interesting articles, tools, sites etc

This has happened (sucessfully) on other challenge sites which I've frequented over the last 10 years, example - http://hackquest.de/index.php?name=PNph ... pic&t=1401

That way users can be directed to the thread and their search can begin.
As you can see fromt he hackquest one users can add to the topic with new links etc etc

Thoughts?

sabre
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

it might work but considering admin activity is low on this site (As far as I can tell) we may have a problem getting it up and working...

not to mention some pointless question that will still emerge because people refuse to read...
sabretooth

Post by sabretooth »

koolpop0 wrote:it might work but considering admin activity is low on this site (As far as I can tell) we may have a problem getting it up and working...

not to mention some pointless question that will still emerge because people refuse to read...

:shock: you mean we have an admin? Since when? :D

Sorry Adum - Don't hate me :D
jeetee

Post by jeetee »

sabretooth wrote:Sorry Adum - Don't hate me :D
Bok should be pleased by forgetting him[/irony]

I'm positive about such a list, and on a sidenote (might open a topic about this once I found out more): anyone in here with experience on writing USB-drivers for linux(ubuntu atm). I have a program in Windows for using a DMX-box over USB, but the program is hardly capable of the lightshow and functionality I need.
To find out what data is being sent, I'm thinking about sniffing the USB-port, but due to the lack of usb-driver-knowledge in Windows, I think about resorting to a tool like usbsnoop. Anyone know what it's worth?