I'm new(aka NOOB)

Discussion about hacker.org's server
nemesis101

I'm new(aka NOOB)

Post by nemesis101 »

Hi to all,

Im pretty new in the hacking thing. I want to learn how to hack and all the fun stuff, but i have no clue where to start, is anyone perhpas interested in helping me out a bit, thanks anyway :P

peace
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Let's assess where you at with you knowledge of computer first. For example, do you know about Networking, do you know any HTML/Web Design, what OS do you use how familiar are you with that OS, do you know how a computer does what it does, and so on. With an Idea of what you already know, it would be easier to point you in the right direction.
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

basicly specs and skill level

-for me i know how to use windows xp (OS = operating system if your real new)

-i am pro but not a expert with windows xp

-I have had Linux on my computer but i couldn't get on the internet (newb)

-I can read most programming language's in a day by tinkering with the code and using common sense

-I can write basic to moderate level exploit scripts in command prompt (batch)

-I can't write my own code but i can edit and read Java and html/Javascript

-I have no ability with C,C++,Perl (tried it wasnt easy on xp),Python (same thing),Ruby,cobalt (lol), or any other language

-I have the basic idea for sql injection not the full idea

-I have a 115 Iq

-I am in 9th/10th grade due to being held back (weird situation)

-I am familiar with BackTrack3

-I have the ability to break wep but not wpa

(this is my real stat's for computers)

write things like this ;)
nemesis101

Post by nemesis101 »

hey thx for your reply's, well PC knowledge is quite good hardware + software, best in class in programming(Java) want to start C++, networks i know quite good and if i dont know something give me 5secs to learn it, a fast learner when it comes to PC's, got no web designing experience, have and IQ between 120 - 140, ok with maths, if i paid more attention....using Windows XP Pro and very willing to learn....anything else? :P
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Well, being a "hacker" can mean many things. It's a very broad idea and encompasses so many different areas. Good and bad, the main just of being a "hacker" is gaining as much knowledge you can about computers for one but almost anything. For me being a "hacker" is learning as much as I can about a computers and technology and seeing how far I can push the limits of what I can do with these tools. The best way to "enter" the hacker world is to learn whatever you can about anything, and this isn't just limited to computers. Now if your thinking about hacking more from a security perspective, I suggest you learn Information Security basics to start with and get familiar with different type of attacks, exploits, Networks( which you said you were pretty knowledgable in) Secure communications (such as cryptography), Authentication (usernames, passwords, and other methods like biometrics and tokens even regular lock and keys), Penetration Testing, Intrusion Detection, Firewalls, Social Engineering. You should also learn atleast HTML and other web technologies to understand how web sites and web applications work (PHP, ASP, SQL and so on). And programming is an excellent skill to have and if you can program in Java then other languages should come fairly easy, just a matter of learning the different syntax. And Aside from computers it pays to learn a little bit about everything you can. You don't have to be an expert but you never know when having knowledge about industries outside the computer industry will come in handy. For example, I know a fair amount about phone systems, electrical, cars, horticulture, etc, and while I am by no means an expert in any of these it has all come in handy from time to time. Also you should learn about information gathering and fingerprinting. There are great tools out there to help with information gathering like Maltego at paterva.com and of course Google.

some sites that may be of interest:

securityfocus.com
hackthissite.org
peterva.com
defcon.org
blackhat.com
maxmind.com(good for locating ip addresses)
nemesis101

Post by nemesis101 »

Thankx alot :P cant wait to start, thanks for the help :P
Liidian

Post by Liidian »

koolpop0 wrote:basicly specs and skill level

-I can read most programming language's in a day by tinkering with the code and using common sense

-I have no ability with C,C++,Perl (tried it wasnt easy on xp),Python (same thing),Ruby,cobalt (lol), or any other language

-I have a 115 Iq

Sorry can i ask why you seemed to bragg about having 115 IQ? x)
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

Liidian wrote:
koolpop0 wrote:basicly specs and skill level

-I have a 115 Iq

Sorry can i ask why you seemed to bragg about having 115 IQ? x)

if i was bragging Liidian i would have put some manor of smily :p

the average iq is 100
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

and looking at "average" kids these days, I cry.
Read, know, do. Discuss topics of ANY kind, including unconventional or taboo topics. Free speech, open minds, alternative thinking. http://www.totse2.com
Partmedia

Try some programming languages!

Post by Partmedia »

Before you go out into the wonderful world of computer hacking, you might realize you can't tell computers what to do. As a beginner, I reccomend learning Java, a language introduced by Sun Microsystems. However, because it has many restrictions, I suggest going back to C++ for actual hacking. It really depends what you want to do. I'm still sticking to Java becuase I don't really do more than make computer games.