Ranking Errors?

Discussion about the puzzle system.
therethinker

Ranking Errors?

Post by therethinker »

I was looking at some rankings, and there seems to be a few oddities:
The most drastic I could find was mckev - #63 overal. His only stats are 5 Pusherboy levels & a single challenge.

A possible cause of this error might be his score was computed when fewer people were around, and it wasn't recently updated. Otherwise, it just seems wierd.[/url]
adum

Post by adum »

he has the #1 worm bot. unfortunately you can't see bot placement on profile pages. i have been meaning to add that...
therethinker

Post by therethinker »

Ah, that makes a ton of sense. Thanks :P
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

Isn't there a way to show on profile pages the ELO rating of players for each Bot War?
adum

Post by adum »

there _should_ be. it's on my todo.
gfoot

Post by gfoot »

It'd be nice to fix the per-user history graphs, and make them more meaningful - I do find it interesting to compare people's progressions, what levels they get stuck on, etc.

Also, I really like the histogram on the challenges rankings page, showing at a glance how many people have reached each level - it would be great to get the same report applied to the other puzzles. I guess it's already possible by parsing the HTML, maybe I'll just make one myself. :)
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

I agree with gfoot. Unfortunately, the graphs went off few days after I registered here, so I didn't exploited all of their advantages =/.

Ah, also, I'd like to know if all puzzles and bot wars worth exactly 100*0,9(n-1) points (where n is the rank). If this is true, the maximum score a person could reach is 1100 points right? I'm asking this because I think I should have 16 extra points if the rule above is true (367 instead of 351).

Another thing: what is counted on Challenges: the score or the number of challenges solved? It seems to be the number of challenges solved, because tails has 180 points from Challenges and teebee only 145 (if score were counted, these points should be switched), but this fact doesn't match with Challenges' rank.

Thanks,
Bruno.