Getting Breached :(

Discussion about hacker.org's server
InDecline

Getting Breached :(

Post by InDecline »

Hello everyone.

I was using mIRC the other day and I suddenly got spammed by all these bots. I started to see all this ctcp Going on and things were being sent to my computer. I've tried a virus scan but nothing worked. Now all of my passwords have been stolen (I believe this one will be soon) and I can't do anything.

Whever I go onto that computer I get mass spammed, when I join IRC all the bots start Pinging me.
How do I Stop myself from being attacked?

Sorry for my lack of english skills, I live in england but I am from
Germany and its midnight :/
abcvirus
Location: At my Poor computer playing at being intelligent (omg big wurd)

Re: Getting Breached :(

Post by abcvirus »

InDecline wrote:Hello everyone.

I was using mIRC the other day and I suddenly got spammed by all these bots. I started to see all this ctcp Going on and things were being sent to my computer. I've tried a virus scan but nothing worked. Now all of my passwords have been stolen (I believe this one will be soon) and I can't do anything.

Whever I go onto that computer I get mass spammed, when I join IRC all the bots start Pinging me.

STOP USING YOUR COMPUTER!!! AND ANY NETWORK...
and wait when things calm down... (simple?) :lol:

By calm down - I mean when "bots" forget you....
sorryplopethesiggywastoolongandilikeminebetter:P
HARHARHARIMARETARD :D :D :D :D that uses way too much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 's YAY?! user:abcvirus is user:retarded User:abcvirus 886064eg4n5 <---------------------- MY PASS! I'M A FUCKING NOOB!
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

abcvirus wrote:

That solve nothing.

You have at least 2 options...

block their IP on your router...

report them to the ISP for their malicious acts...
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

WhiteKnight wrote:
abcvirus wrote:

That solve nothing.

Yeah, If your AV found nothing then it's likely they are just hitting everyone that gets on the server. report it to the operators of that particular IRC server as well as their ISP. How do you know they stole your passwords? If you think that's the case and it was done with a trojan or virus, then option is to back up your data and do a clean install on your computer. And I mean format and fresh OS install. restore points are a waste of time. Also if you really think your password have been compromised, change them, either on another computer that is known not to be infected or after you clean up you HD.

But again it sounds like they are just targeting who ever logs on to that server.
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

plope0726 wrote:
WhiteKnight wrote:
abcvirus wrote: STOP USING YOUR COMPUTER!!! AND ANY NETWORK...

That solve nothing.

Yeah, If your AV found nothing then it's likely they are just hitting everyone that gets on the server. report it to the operators of that particular IRC server as well as their ISP. How do you know they stole your passwords? If you think that's the case and it was done with a trojan or virus, then option is to back up your data and do a clean install on your computer. And I mean format and fresh OS install. restore points are a waste of time. Also if you really think your password have been compromised, change them, either on another computer that is known not to be infected or after you clean up you HD.

But again it sounds like they are just targeting who ever logs on to that server.
Yep, exactly my thought, but it best to change password on another computer so that it won't be compromise again.
InDecline

Thanks for the help =]

Post by InDecline »

Thanks for all the helpful replys :)

My Internet has been disceonnected for a few days. I'm not sure what it was but the ISP said I had closed my account with them, when I clearly didnt :s