getting a password....other ways..

Discussion about hacker.org's server
koolpop0

getting a password....other ways..

Post by koolpop0 »

man my dad said there where more then the dictionary,brute force, packet scanning, and keyloggers.

any others or is he bsing me?

enyway

THANKS man
falcon2424

Post by falcon2424 »

Of course there are other ways.

There's a man-in-the-middle attack that you could pull with a proxy and an open router.

Another way that a lot of passwords get compromised is when people like to re-use them on non-secure servers. Or, simply phishing.

But, what kinds of passwords are you talking about? Some techniques won't work for some things.
marty

Post by marty »

Social engineering... It could be fun but like it's said it won't work for every situation... Phishing (could be considered as social engineering but i, personally don't)
i don't know, in some situations password is not the main objective and you can gain privileges in other ways... But it still depends of "situation"... ;) "trash diving" is popular discipline in preparations for "action" and it can be very usefull for a "low tech" technic... :D
jack krauser

Post by jack krauser »

guys can you tell me some good hacking tools and from where to download them?? :?
hacker is a life style. its one that alters how you think, you perception of reality, your way of dealing with things in general, as well as things so common as how you talk, how you carry yourself, and even when and how long you sleep.

by Loyal_Dark
marty

Post by marty »

Jack don't get me wrong but you must forget tools for now and you need to start with some theory... That in the first place should alow you to ask questions that have specific answers... This way you'll get nowhere or worse, you'll be arested in some point for doing something that you don't even understand... Also there is no tool with a "hack" button, but if you use google you can find categories and types of tools you'll need once you uderstand how some things work... Use google... It is the most powerfull tool of a hacker...
jack krauser

Post by jack krauser »

marty wrote:Jack don't get me wrong but you must forget tools for now and you need to start with some theory... That in the first place should alow you to ask questions that have specific answers... This way you'll get nowhere or worse, you'll be arested in some point for doing something that you don't even understand... Also there is no tool with a "hack" button, but if you use google you can find categories and types of tools you'll need once you uderstand how some things work... Use google... It is the most powerfull tool of a hacker...
yeah sure i always search from google but i will search again :wink: thanks :D
hacker is a life style. its one that alters how you think, you perception of reality, your way of dealing with things in general, as well as things so common as how you talk, how you carry yourself, and even when and how long you sleep.

by Loyal_Dark
koolpop0

passwords

Post by koolpop0 »

1.like i don't wanna be annoying but can you go into more detail with man in middle attack

2.real hackers program own tools because if your like me you think the goverment puts spy ware in hacking programs you can get/buy

3.LIKE ZOMG!!!!! where can i get a tool to help man in middle
jack krauser

Re: passwords

Post by jack krauser »

koolpop0 wrote:1.like i don't wanna be annoying but can you go into more detail with man in middle attack

2.real hackers program own tools because if your like me you think the goverment puts spy ware in hacking programs you can get/buy

so what hacking tools do you have? and will you tell me the url :D

by Loyal_Dark
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

guys why do you think i am always trying to hack 1 person tsk tsk tsk

think like a fucking hacker think of stuff you don't expect

anyway like

i use password crackers

brutus aet = brute force
angry ip = port scan
nmap = *great* port scanner and security tester
john = if im very patient i will use this to get a pass *cant figure out*

about all the tools i leeched besides the backdoor which ill tell you later

if i am feeling great
jack krauser

Post by jack krauser »

koolpop0 wrote:guys why do you think i am always trying to hack 1 person tsk tsk tsk

think like a fucking hacker think of stuff you don't expect

anyway like

i use password crackers

brutus aet = brute force
angry ip = port scan
nmap = *great* port scanner and security tester
john = if im very patient i will use this to get a pass *cant figure out*

about all the tools i leeched besides the backdoor which ill tell you later

if i am feeling great
and from where can i download them? :? :?

by Loyal_Dark
Necklord

Post by Necklord »

I've some tutors to crack/remove password.
Check This Link
http://forum.hackers-center.org/viewtopic.php?t=68
Hackers Center Forum
I've never been able to work out detailed plans of what the future was going to be like... I just said " I'm going to fight, Who knows where I'll get? "
jack krauser

Post by jack krauser »

Necklord wrote:I've some tutors to crack/remove password.
Check This Link
http://forum.hackers-center.org/viewtopic.php?t=68
ok i just register and wait the activation key :wink:

by Loyal_Dark
falcon2424

Post by falcon2424 »

koolpop0 wrote:1.like i don't wanna be annoying but can you go into more detail with man in middle attack

A man in the middle attack is an attack where you set up a network such that all communication has to pass through a system you control. For example, if you own or have access to a router that someone's using.

The attack is then that you read the communication going on between the two parties and extract passwords or information that way.

Webscarab or another proxy type thing might be helpful for doing this. http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category ... ab_Project

Probably the simplest way to do the attack is to have an 'open' wireless connection with all communication going through a computer with webscarab. Then have webscarab log all the outgoing requests. You'd just be looking for a 'password' or 'pass' post value, since some sites send these in clear text.
jack krauser

Post by jack krauser »

falcon2424 wrote:

A man in the middle attack is an attack where you set up a network such that all communication has to pass through a system you control. For example, if you own or have access to a router that someone's using.

The attack is then that you read the communication going on between the two parties and extract passwords or information that way.

Webscarab or another proxy type thing might be helpful for doing this. http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category ... ab_Project

Probably the simplest way to do the attack is to have an 'open' wireless connection with all communication going through a computer with webscarab. Then have webscarab log all the outgoing requests. You'd just be looking for a 'password' or 'pass' post value, since some sites send these in clear text.
sorry but i just download this programme and i don't know how it works can you explaine me? :?

by Loyal_Dark
koolpop0

progry

Post by koolpop0 »

well there a millions and billions or programs

tell me which one you downloaded =)