Vista . Administrator login witout access or passwords....

Discussion about hacker.org's server
mickcaulton

Vista . Administrator login witout access or passwords....

Post by mickcaulton »

As with Xp there is a way to get admin account access through boot up menu. no software. no bootable disk ect . Has this been found and has anyone built a patch to close the breach.. I havn't found one as yet but not wasting my time writing a patch that already exists. Any feed back app. New to this forum but hello to members i know from "Cyber Space" !!!! Ha Ha ( Sorry if you don't know me its a personal joke there..
PaRaDoX

Re: Vista . Administrator login witout access or passwords.

Post by PaRaDoX »

mickcaulton wrote:As with Xp there is a way to get admin account access through boot up menu. no software. no bootable disk ect . Has this been found and has anyone built a patch to close the breach.. I havn't found one as yet but not wasting my time writing a patch that already exists. Any feed back app. New to this forum but hello to members i know from "Cyber Space" !!!! Ha Ha ( Sorry if you don't know me its a personal joke there..
there's a nice easy way with XP if you just use a batch file in the right place, vista, I dunno. If you're trying to "h4x" your school computer or surprise your friend, you're outta luck.

~You are a glitch in my reasoning.
mickcaulton

Reply.

Post by mickcaulton »

No No No. I have found a way through vista password protection. without editing files . Similar But by no means as easy as the XP method starting up with a new administrator profile through the safe mode from start up.
Hence you never need to be in the system to create a pathway in.

I Know how to do this in vista. and am thinking of building a patch to stop this route in. But i dont want to waste my time writins something which has allready been solved.

As for school or college systems i'm just a bit to old for that. When i was at school windows wasn't invented and all we could learn was DOS Basic C+ PASCAL ect. but most of our computer class was based on learning how to write and use binary code and hexidesimal and so on. ASCII what was the point ? ? ? All those hours for what....
Chocoholic

Post by Chocoholic »

Using the boot menu? Dude, that implies that you have direct access to the machine (unless it has remote maintainance hardware built in of course), in which case all your Windows-based security (apart from proper encryption) is Null anyways. Sorry, but I don't see the point in this.
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Chocoholic wrote:Using the boot menu? Dude, that implies that you have direct access to the machine (unless it has remote maintainance hardware built in of course), in which case all your Windows-based security (apart from proper encryption) is Null anyways. Sorry, but I don't see the point in this.
Good point...

On top of that, why bother writing a patch at all, report the flaw to microsoft, thats their job. And with the amount of money they are making on the Vista OS, they need to do their job.
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

oh ok. just being paranoid ^^.

Yea they should fix XP too. the login screen has it's own little file, and if you overwrite that with, say, a copy of CMD using a batch file, it's easy to play with net user and net administrator commands, since at the time of login the user has system permissions, as permissions are assigned at login (duh)

fun stuff.

~You are a glitch in my reasoning.
Chocoholic

Post by Chocoholic »

PaRaDoX wrote:[...] at the time of login the user has system permissions, as permissions are assigned at login (duh)
Really? Wow, I'll try that once I have some spare time again. One would still have to get around the Windows File Protection (or whatever it's called) though to replace the login screen.
azelmj

Vista huh?

Post by azelmj »

Hey guys, Im a newbie so I need help on this matter too. How can I activate the administrator account on vista?? If i don't know the password of the user acount being used.. In winXP i just usually press alt+ctrl+del 2x to activate the administrator account.. how does it work in Vista.. Thanks! a hint would be just great.. More Power to hacker.org..
Chocoholic

Post by Chocoholic »

@azelmj:
This thread is not about gettig admin access without knowing the pasword but about preventing that.

Anyways... pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del twice? What's that gonna do? On Windows ME and lower it used to restart the computer but on XP it should not do anything as far as I know. Oh, and for getting the admin account in Vista (not that you'd normally need it), just boot into safe mode, then you should see it on the welcome screen, if I'm not mistaken. I've never actually used Vista, so... I might as well be wrong.
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

To show the system admin account at logon go to run cmd as administrator, then enter
Net user administrator /active:yes to activate the account change the active value to no to deactivate it.
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

I think its funny with all the clever people and their ways of unblocking CMD....

Ya know, like all the videos that tell you to make a batch file that has:

cmd.exe

and thats it? Well I guess they haven't actually done it on a computer that has actually BLOCKED cmd.
No I am not going cracker or anything, its just suffocating that the incompetence and trustworthiness causes computers at school to be restricted in such ways.

For example, I was doing a history project on weapons and tanks of WWII, and half the sites were blocked for "weapons". I know, not on topic but whatever how are all of you?
Chocoholic

Post by Chocoholic »

School computers? Unblocking cmd.exe?

Yes, I don't like pankaces either. I fact I think all cats should have their ears washed regularly. Oh, and... blue. Definitely blue!

I'm fine, how are you? Here, have a cookie. o_O
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

I luuuuurve cookies.

Say, can we go to pluto?
mickcaulton

Cookies ? ? ? Pluto ? ? ?

Post by mickcaulton »

Is it just me or has this thread sort of got a bit ...... Frayed. When i posed this question to the community i was sort of hopeing that i could get some useful information back. I am getting the impresion that most of the community ( Note i only said most as there a some wwho obviously know there stuff ) dont know the difference between a batch and a bitch. Come on people give me some constructive comments please. Come and show me what the Hacker.org community is really made of.
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

If you want to find out if a patch has been made for this "vulnerability" you've found youll have to go to the microsoft update site and see what security patches have been issued. Are you running Vista with SP1? If not load SP1 and see if the problem still exists. But if a patch has been issued for this it would have been issued by microsoft, its their job, they get the money for it. Aside from that a lot of people here likely arent running vista machines. Anyhow, if you want to find out if a patch has already been issued youll have to check out the microsoft update site. Even if it wasn't fixed in the SP1 release it may have been addressed in another patch later. Too be honest, I wouldn;t waste your time with it. What can you benefits from writing a security patch to fix microsofts faulty programming?