IP noob

Discussion about hacker.org's server
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

I think your a little behind with this post...did you read anything between the original post and yours? Any how, Its make no difference whether you have someones IP address or not. Granted it's the address you would use to connect to someones computer via the internet, but just because you have the IP doesn't mean you'll be able to do a damn thing with it.
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

Yeah just ignore that post I have no idea what the fuck i am talking about

<---Hasnt passed Cisco yet
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Sorry Zaffron my post was in reply to this...
CrazyBish wrote:Unless they updated it, just send a file over MSN Transfer, and tell them to decline it. When they do that, it should say "(TheirName) Canceled." Then at the bottom of the window, where it would say (TheirName Is Typing) Should say, 111.111.1111 Canceled sending of "ex."

I didn't even see your other post...

In response to you previous post, you are correct most servers are set up to deny altered and over sized packets. Not to mention CMD (at least in Vista) won't allow you to send packets larger than 65500, spoofed packets are generally blocked by a basic router (ie: making the source IP the same as the receiver). I suppose you may be able to make effective alteration to a packet with a third party program, of course if the server has the proper policies in place then it would matter how you crated the packet. Aside from a Ping of death dos, you can spoof the source IP to look as though it comes from inside the network and possibly trick the server into accepting it, but this is easy to block because the packet is coming in from the outside but saying that it is from the inside, the server will likely drop the packet.

As far as my last post, what you found is correct, your basic router is even setup to block these sorts of packets out of the box. That's why I said that just because you have a IP address doesn't mean you'll be able to do anything with it. except maybe a whois search, and even there you'll just get info on the ISP because the IP address belong to them. You can search a specific IP address on site like this, http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation, but the accuracy varies and is usually wrong.

I havent passed my certs yet either so I'm still a beginner as well. Thats why I think we can al help each other.
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

Yeah, I really only have a basic understanding of networking, and you are still far ahead of me... That to the side though, I hope the admin keeps paying his dues to this site so it doesn't go down. That would make me extremely sad. :(
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Zaffron,

check this site out, http://www.hping.org, There's an interesting little ping tool that you can play with.
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

plope0726 wrote:Zaffron,

check this site out, http://www.hping.org, There's an interesting little ping tool that you can play with.
theres a comma in your URL that causes a page load error :3

http://www.hping.org

there you go :D

~You are a glitch in my reasoning.
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

Thank you much to both
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

thanks for catching that PaRa... :wink: damn typos of mine :?
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

plope0726 wrote:thanks for catching that PaRa... :wink: damn typos of mine :?
:)

~You are a glitch in my reasoning.
tomtomtomtom

Post by tomtomtomtom »

PROXY, listen no matter what kind of skid you are, i'm trying to help.
Always use a triple by proxy when you want to be safe on the internetz.
For the slower skiddies, google free proxy's find three go to one type the other
then go other and type the other, there, even the government would give up
on looking for you. or you could crack your neighbors wep sniffling their packeteezers
my IP ADDRESS -216.239.51.104
S3th

Post by S3th »

LOL LOL.
"The government would give up looking for you"
I lol'd.
See through the master
Become the master
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

I dont know about hwere your at but the US Gov would be at your door withint the hour. :lol: